Here is a small surprise for you, dear readers. To prolong the summer feeling as long as possible, we’ve asked our friend and professional bartender Patrice (aka Sharky), to prepare for you and for us two delicious, fresh and easy to make summer cocktails recipes: Pineapple Mojito & Simply Red…
1 lime juice 4 cl
5-6 mint leaves
2 cl sugar or a tea spoon of regular sugar
Lots of crushed ice
6-8 cl Pineapple juice you can buy it but it is always better to make your own if you have a juicer
4 cl soda/sparkling water
For an alcoholic version just add 4 cl of rum or of your favorite spirit!
Step #1: Pineapple Mint Purée
– Bring sugar and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve sugar.
– Remove from heat, add mint, and let cool completely.
– Meanwhile, place pineapple in a blender and purée until smooth.
– Strain mint syrup through a fine-mesh sieve into pineapple purée and pulse to combine.
– Transfer into a jar, cover, and chill (into the fridge).
Step #2: Assembly
– Muddle 2 pieces of pineapple, 3 lime wedges, and 1 tablespoon mint leaves in a highball glass, muddle together, add crushed ice, top it with soda water…
– Garnish with a lime wedge,pineapple slice and mint top,easier to drink with a couple of straws.
4 cl of Xanté (available pretty much in every alcohol stores).
4 cl of fresh or frozen raspberries purée
4cl freshly squeezed lemon juice
In a Boston shaker add raspberries/strawberry purée, sugar syrup, freshly squeezed lemon juice and Xanté. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. You can garnish with a lemon wedge and half of strawberry. If you like to play with sweetness and acidity, rim the edge of your glass with sugar.